Doctor & Staff

Our Mission




Smile Gallery


Sleep Apnea Solutions


Patient Education Glossary






First Visit


New Smiles Are Welcome


Contact Us




More than 50 million Americans suffer from sleep disorders.

Despite this ever growing statistic, unfortunately over 90% remain undiagnosed.

Has CPAP Failed you?

The TAP may be the key to improved health and a better
quality of life.

If you are not wearing your CPAP device and find it difficult
to use successfully, then TAP is the solution.

TAP treats all levels of sleep disordered breathing from mild to severe sleep apnea.
TAP therapy improves simulated driving performance.

About Snoring
Snoring is the sign of a breathing problem. Snoring can seriously affect your quality of life. It can be embarrassing and inconvenient, and cause problems in relationships. In some cases, snoring is a red flag for a more serious medical problem called obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).

Sleep apnea is a characterized by abnormal pauses in or instances of abnormally low breathing, during. Each pause in breathing, called an, can last from a few seconds to minutes, and may occur 5 to 30 times or more an hour.

The Thornton Adjustable Positioner® (TAP®) is a custom adjustable oral appliance that is worn while sleeping. The appliance holds the lower jaw forward, preventing the tongue and the soft tissue of the throat from collapsing into the airway.

TAP®-PAP CS (Chairside) The TAP® oral appliance is effective in treating over 90% of OSA patients effectively. In the remaining 10% the air way is so compromised that the use of TAP®/ CPAP combination therapy may be the most efficacious treatment.



tap dr hart

You can take a sleep test now,or for faster results, simply call 1-800-SLEEPTEST.

Ask about our new TAP brochures. Inside brochure features : about snoring, sleep apnea information, and about how the TAP appliance may be the solution for you! Get one today!

What is Snoring & Apnea


DO YOU SNORE? dr hart dds

Sleep apnea is the most common sleep disorder affecting over 18 million Americans.
Dr. Hart is a TAP® trained certified dentist for the treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) and is a

Member of:
American Sleep Apnea Association
American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine

Sleep apnea is a serious chronic disease that may trigger other serious health problems:
Chronic Sleepiness • High Blood Pressure Heart Attack • Stroke • Morning Headaches Heartburn • Depression

pittsburg tap dentist
Copyrights 2012 @ Exceptional Smiles